Monday, January 19, 2009

If life gives you lemons...


It's really hot and I have a cold - WTF?  I need Vitamin C and I need refreshing.  We have a heap of lemons and some mint in the garden.... 




Lemonade from Feel Good Food by Mim Beim & Gul McCarty

4 cups water
juice of 4 lemons
2 tablespoons of honey (raw/cold pressed if you've got it)
handful mint leaves

Pour water and lemon juice into a jug and stir well.  Add honey and stir until dissolved.  Add more water or more honey to taste.

Add mint leaves and refrigerate for 2 hours or until thoroughly chilled.  Drink with ice!


The book also suggests I need to eat chicken soup, lots of garlic and ginger, chilli, carrots, cabbage, broccoli, parsley, basil, onions, miso, oranges, thyme, cloves, cinnamon, more raw honey, nasturtiums (!) and 3 litres of fluid daily (water, tea or soup)!!

I'll get back to you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I cant believe you've had a blog this long without telling me! I don't care. I'm a YouTube sensation in France but under a pseudonym so you'll never find me. So there.

lou said...

oh, this sounds great! We'll have to make it for our garage sale xoxo